Here are seven winter weather tips from top weather guru Bananastew McFlurrit:
- DON'T tie sledges to your feet and go shopping in an icy precinct.
- DO take the engine out of your car to make driving safer.
- DON'T travel naked on trains.
- DO place a chunk of brie on each foot to help traction.
- DON'T pour petrol on your sofa and set light to it to keep warm.
- DO pack a pair of penguins if you intend to travel -- one for navigation, the other for luck.
- DON'T pack a pair of penguins if you intend to travel. Putting penguins in suitcases is just plain wrong.